Are pharmacies in your area requiring the patient’s date of birth on scripts? Fear not! Juno EMR can be configured to add the patient’s date of birth on prescriptions for your own prescriptions. This guide will walk you through how to enable this feature for both our Juno and Classic interface.
To enable the date of birth on prescriptions from the Juno interface, follow the steps below:
- In Juno EMR, click on your name at the very top right of the window.
- In the menu opening underneath, click on the ‘User Settings’ option. This will open your user settings, or preferences.
- Navigate to the ‘Rx’ tab of your user settings. The tabs are located at the top of the page, just under the blue ‘User Settings’ header.
- Locate the ‘Show Patient’s DOB’ option and select the radio button on the left of ‘Enable’.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the ‘Save All Settings’ button to save the changes.
To enable the date of birth on prescriptions from the Classic interface, follow the steps below:
- In Juno EMR, click on the ‘Preferences’ link at the top of the screen. It is located between the ‘Consultations’ and the ‘eDoc’ headers.
- Scroll down until you locate the ‘Set to Show Patient’s Date of Birth’ link and click on it.
- In the ‘Show patient’s date of birth in prescription’ window, check the box beside ‘Show patient’s date of birth’.
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button just underneath the box to save your changes.
Note: This is a user preference setting. Each provider at your clinic will need to enable this in order for the date of birth to display on their prescriptions.